Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Monday, February 14, 2011
what a waste! i almost forgot about my blog...what happens after a few years? probably i don't feel like writing and now i feel like writing and sharing my new world...
completing my undergraduate studies in 2009 and struggling with the first year in my career had left the sweetest memories in my life..and now, i'm stranded in a far far away land (haha mcm kelas literature pulak). There are a lot of things happen throughout these years and i really want to share it. It's just to tell how i miss my seri sentosa girls and our 'syok sendiri' time. I always pray the best for all of you..nanti kita recall ye zaman muda2 KITA ..
Monday, October 8, 2007
- Be prepared all the time!
- Be diligently reading all the notes!
- Be relax when you are given a SUPRISED test!
- Be COOL!
- Act as if you know all the facts...then it would be easier for you to go through all the questions!
Coming back to the self reflection(should I put it that way?) hemmm ya...we have come to the end of the course. It seems that many things that I learn throughout this course. Developing the SOFT SKILLS, developing the skills in dealing with the soft wares and the most important thing is the good job done by the prof and the tutors. A big thank you for being a great job!
SELAMAT HARI RAYA
MAAF ZAHIR BATIN
Tuesday, October 2, 2007
- suitable fonts size and colours
- specific target group
- appropriate pictures
- the instructions of the activities
- the use of authentic materials
- the originality of ideas
- the perfect choice of subject matter of the activities
- bla bla and bla........
' the unnecessary ones':-
- 'copy' the available ready materials in the market(internet I guess)
- too many activities to be completed at one go ( perhaps students will get exhausted physically and mentally)
- too much things in one slide (which made my eyes emmmm...I should not mention it)
YES...A big round of applause to all my coursemates..You guys really can make money after this..
Back to real business...What did I learn?Emmm there are many things that I learn from my mates' projects. I started to realize where MY CREATIVITY level stands. There are a lot of things which never come across to my mind. Thus, I take this opprtunity to learn something new and try to be more creative in preparing my activities for the young learners. A good thing when we have this kind of strategy I mean, having a presentation of the projects, we open the space to the others to voice out their opinion regarding the usefulness and the not so good comments of the activities presented. This is an avenue to let anyone like me to begin to reflect and improve the skill in dealing with the soft ware. So, in future, we can produce a high standard activities using the particular soft ware.
Focused on each other
Others are here, yes,
Each friendship is special
And then time begins to rolland rear
Shattered shards cascade down
The scars run deep
So you move on
Laughter, smiling (clenched teeth)
From behind my glass window
I hate to see your pain
What we had once
The scars run deep,
You were my friend.
Sunday, September 16, 2007
- Story telling ( as what Sze Mei's did during the lecture...Can you recall?)
- Matching activities for teaching of vocabulary
- Video clips
- Games ( students play the game in which they use their knowledge regarding the lesson learnt and apply them during playing the games )
This is actually my first time ever in my life being exposed to this kind of technological advancement product as I come from a rural area. But no worries...since I have done the project successfully, molesting the software and create a very interesting activity...I feel that I can conquer this 'product'.
In my point of views, IWB offers a great deal for teachers out there to be more advanced in their teaching and provides a more memorable, enjoyable and real activities. These are some of the advantages of integrating this valuable 'product' in the classroom:
- colourful, animated images and real pictures help the students to grasp certain concepts taught faster and better. This is very relevant to teach vocabulary especially for visual learners.
- a new exposure to the students ( especially in rural if the facility is provided ) about the computer software.
- allows the teachers to elicit responses from the students easily during the activity. This may help the teachers to check how much the students have gained and learned from the activities.
- an integration of a new approach in teaching and learning makes the students enjoy the learning process optimally since they are curious about the ' product '. This leads them to get engaged and actively participate during the activities.
Another thing to consider is the precautions before any teachers want to explore this 'product' in the primary classroom. I would like to share a few since I have experienced creating activities for young learners once. Here are some of the precautions:
- check the learners prior knowledge since we are all aware that the learners need to have some of background knowledge before they are introduced to a new knowledge.
- clear instructions are vital since the leaners need to be clear of what they are expected to do during the activity
- appropriate fonts and pictures size so that everybody inside the room can see the board.
- 'LOCK' all the images so that they will not move here and there since the screen is very sensitive.
- provide answers so that the learners can check their answers and learn from their mistakes.
Now, this is the last part of this entry where I need to answer the 3 questions.
1) Do you understand the basic knowledge using Note book function in SMART board? If yes, which part do you understand most? If no, why did not understand?
The answer is YES. I manage to apply what Miss Fenny told us about the cloning, dragging, locking, capturing and etc in my project. I did face difficulties throughout the process but I did ask my mates to assist me.
2) Do you understand the basic knowledge to use gallery and attachment pictures in SMART board incorporate for teaching English vocabulary for Standard Four students?
YES. The pictures provided and browsed from the net are useful to teach vacabulary since the provide the real images and allow the students to memorize and understand the words easily. Besides, the students can check answers, spelling and surf the online dictionaries or thesaurus to look for the definitions.
That's all for now...Till then...